The conference was held at the Laboratory of Information Technologies of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research from July 3 until July 7, 2017.It was organized by the Laboratory of Information Technologies of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna, Horia Hulubei National Institute for R&D in Physics and Nuclear Engineering (IFIN-HH), Bucharest, Romania, Institute of Experimental Physics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Kosice, Slovakia, the Technical University, Kosice, Slovakia, and the Pavol Jozef Safarik University, Kosice, Slovakia.
The conference gathered around 257 participants from different countries, including JINR member states. Among the Plenary talks, there are were several sections:
- distributed and parallel computing in science and technology;
- mathematical methods and application software complexes for modeling complex systems and engineering;
- bioinformatics and computational biophysics;
- mathematical methods and software for experimental data processing;
- computer algebra and quantum computing with applications.
According to archives, the MMCP’17 follows the rich traditions of the previous conferences on mathematical modeling, numerical methods and computational physics which started in Dubna, Russia in 1964, e.g., Computational Modeling and Computing in Physics 1996, Modern Trends in Computational Physics 1998, V-th International Congress on Mathematical Modeling 2002 (in Dubna), Mathematical Modeling and Computational Physics 2006 (in Slovakia), 2009 (in Dubna), 2011 (in Slovakia), 2013 (in Dubna) and 2015 (in Slovakia).